Agencies purchase more than $40 billion worth of goods and services off of the GSA and VA schedules each year. Learn how to tap into this expansive market, increase sales on your contract vehicles, and keep up with the changes that affect your contract administration and compliance efforts.
This intensive three-day course will provide the skills you need to understand and negotiate your own GSA Schedule or modification. We explain why Schedules are the preferred contract vehicle for federal government procurement officials. Learn how best-value is determined under task orders and why the basis of award is important. Gain a thorough understanding of the cutting-edge issues in the dynamic Schedules market. You will also learn about the current developments and hot topics in GSA Federal Supply Schedule, MAC and IDIQ contracting from experts Jim Phillips and Jennifer Aubel.
Plus, you’ll get a sneak peak at the upcoming changes affecting contract modifications, renewals, basis of award, and new expanded courseware including e-commerce requirements.
- Overview of the GSA Schedule programs
- The proposal process
- Strategic issues in approaching the Schedules market
- The Schedule negotiation process
- Basis-of-award issues
- Mastering the renewal and ordering processes
- Maintaining the Schedule contract
- E-mod/E-offer and SIP
- Performance issues
- Monetary reporting and payment requirements
- Myriad uses of Schedules, BPAs, teaming arrangements, and more
- Government audits and investigations
- Increasing schedule sales
- Pending Changes for FY13
- Refreshed Courseware Includes New Chapter on e-Commerce Requirements
- Submit proposals that will be accepted by GSA the first time
- Navigate the latest developments in GSA Schedules
- Understand the ordering process from A to Z
- Use Schedules innovatively, including establishing BPAs, teaming arrangements, and participating dealer arrangements
- Maximize your negotiation position on pricing, software licenses and other terms
- Avoid compliance pitfalls
This was the most comprehensive and clearly presented course I’ve ever attended. The material was understandable and the instructors presented it thoroughly and with great knowledge and advice in Schedule contracting!
—Pam Stevens, Booz Allen
Great conference with tons of useful information—thanks!
—Eric Nusbaum, Red Team Consulting
Very informative course for someone with very little understanding of GSA.
—Barbara Rivers, Sirona Dental Systems
January 22-24, 2014
May 7-9, 2014
August 6-8, 2014
October 8-10, 2014
Denver, CO (TBD)
The $1495 registration fee includes breakfast, light refreshments, and course materials. View our registration policies.
Attend this course or bundle with our Federal Contracting Basics course for a complete 5-day training session and take $100 off the price. Use Promo Code: BUNDLE2.
8:30 AM–3:30 PM (Days 1 & 2)
8:30 AM–12:00 PM (Day 3)
Breakfast and registration open at 8:00 AM.
A Federal Contracting Institute® certificate of completion will be provided to all attendees upon conclusion of the class.
This course is recommended for:
- 15 Continuing Legal Education (CLEs) credits
- 15 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs)
- 15 Contract Management Education (CME) units
- 15 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits*
CSCM Program: Boot Camp for GSA Contracting is a requirement for completion of the FCI/NCMA Certified Schedules Contracts Manager certificate program. Click here for details on the CSCM program.
* Approved by NCMA in support of certification and recertification.