FAI compliant—40 CLP hours. Satisfies DAWIA/FAC-C and FAC-COR requirements.
The role of the contracting officer’s representative (COR) fuse subject-matter expertise with business management and contracting know-how. COR Essentials provides an in-depth study of project management skills, procurement regulations, and each step in the contracting life cycle. Utilizing workshops, lectures, and instructor-led discussion, this seminar lays the foundation for your successful management of government contracts. You will develop the skills you need to succeed through workshops.
Each attendee will receive a course manual that will serve as a valuable resource for years to come. Our courseware has been written, approved, and edited by one of our top lawyers so you get current, topical, and relevant information you can rely upon.
Included in the price is a follow-up audio seminar, to get all postclass questions answered after students have returned to the workplace. We are the only training provider to offer this unique opportunity to get your real-world questions answered by one of the legal experts at Centre’s Federal Contracting Institute. We get it right the first time so you can depend on it. Plus, get How to Avoid Protests, an instructional handout by one of the lawyers at Centre.
- COR responsibilities
- Laws, rules, and regulations governing acquisitions
- Conducting market research
- Writing effective statements of work and performance work statements
- Monitoring contractor performance and resolving performance issues
- Modifying contracts
- Resolving contract disputes
- Contract closeouts
- Communication, collaboration, and teamwork
- Partner with the contracting officer, other procurement staff, and the contractor to ensure cost-effective, successful contracts
- Clearly define performance objectives and develop a contract administration plan
- Utilize project management tools to ensure contracts stay on schedule, within scope, and at cost
- Provide clear technical direction to the contractor
- Comply with ethics rules and avoid organizational conflicts of interest
- Communicate in a manner that best achieves the government’s objectives
The examples were excellent and the instructor related them to the class well. As a result of this seminar, I am better able to understand the contracts process, the COR’s role and consequences for one’s actions.
Excellent in terms of content and presentation. It felt like a week of effortless learning. Humor appreciated!
|October 21-25, 2013||Tysons Corner, VA||Register NOW|
The $1195 registration fee includes breakfast, light refreshments, and course materials. View our registration policies. There is a 5% discount for Government employees. Please contact Nicole Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org for promo code.
8:30 AM–3:30 PM all five days
Breakfast and registration open at 8:00 AM.
This course is recommended for 40 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) toward FAC-C and FAC-COR requirements. A Federal Contracting Institute® certificate of completion will be provided to all attendees upon conclusion of the class.