The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and its supplements are the source documents when contracting with both federal defense and civilian agencies. A close and detailed working knowledge of the FAR is mandatory for government, contractor, and subcontractor personnel. This course offers critical information that will help both contracting and technical personnel understand how to negotiate superior contracts and maintain compliance. The instructor will demonstrate how to access, search and update the FAR.
- Understanding the federal regulation system and history
- Tour and analyze individual parts/sections of the FAR, including policy, clauses, and forms
- Ethics and procurement integrity
- Acquisition planning and competition
- Contracting methods and procedures
- Federal Supply Schedule contracting
- Types of contracts
- Financial requirements and the Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)
- Socioeconomic and small business requirements
- Intellectual property and use of government property
- Modifications, changes, and equitable adjustments
- Protests and disputes
- Current developments
- Comply with federal contracting regulations
- Use the FAR in day-to-day activities
“Very effective course.”
—Alex Lilavois, Vyalex Management Solutions
“Great job! Really—no room for improvement. I’m glad I attended.”
—Trudy Nickelson, Bausch & Lomb
“Course was great! Instructor was VERY knowledgable and presented the material very well.”
—- Miles Maye, Deloitte
|November 19-20, 2014||Tysons Corner, VA||Register NOW|
The $1095 registration fee includes breakfast, light refreshments, and course materials. View our registration policies.
8:30 AM–3:30 PM both days
Breakfast and registration open at 8:00 AM.
This course is recommended for 11 Continuing Legal Education Credits (CLEs) as well as Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) toward FAC-C requirements. It also offers 11 Contract Management Education (CME) units, and is approved by NCMA for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit in support of certification and recertification. A Federal Contracting Institute® certificate of completion will be provided to all attendees upon conclusion of the class.