Gain an in-depth understanding of the basic framework and core principles governing federal procurements, from the issuance of the solicitation to contract closeout. This course is specifically tailored for procurement professionals who desire both a strong overview of federal contracts, including GSA Schedules, and a current and in-depth understanding of the legal, policy, and performance issues associated with government contracts. You will also gain the important ability to recognize and respond to the full range of issues that typically arise in federal contracting.
- Basic principles governing federal contracting
- The Federal Acquisition Regulation
- The procurement planning process
- Traditional government contract formation principles
- The commercial contract revolution—GSA Schedules, MACs, GWACs, and IDIQ contracts
- The contract award process
- Types of contracts
- Government-unique business and accounting issues
- Socioeconomic programs
- Contract administration issues
- Dispute resolution processes
- Effectively respond to everyday problems
- Identify unique differences between federal government contracting and commercial contracting
- Comply with the legal and regulatory framework governing federal contracts
- Abide by unique government obligations
- Keep pace with the latest issues in procurement reform
- Respond to compliance and ethics issues
- Manage the procurement process—from initiating or responding to requests for proposals to contract closeout
Excellent seminar. Will attend future seminars and also send staff!
—A. Raphael DeJesus, Raytheon
Thank you! I was impressed to see the course being taught by actual lawyers—lots of great one-on-one!!
—Marjorie Love, Inverness Technologies
August 19-20, 2014
December 1-2, 2014
*If you have a promotion code, please enter the code during checkout to receive your discount. Please contact Leanne Shroeder at email@example.com or 703-288-2800 x233 if you have any questions.
The $1095 registration fee includes breakfast, light refreshments, and course materials. View our registration policies.
8:30 AM–3:30 PM both days
Breakfast and registration open at 8:00 AM.
This course is recommended for 10.5 Continuing Legal Education credits (CLEs) as well as Continuous Learning Points (CLPs). It also offers 11 Contract Management Education (CME) units, and is approved by NCMA for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit in support of certification and recertification. A Federal Contracting Institute® certificate of completion will be provided to all attendees upon conclusion of the class.